TU Braunschweig's Publication FundGerman Research Foundation.
Since 1st January 2017 Scientists of the TU Braunschweig have been able to apply for funding for publishing articles in Open Access journals.
Articles already funded by the Publication Fund since 1st January 2017
Our FAQs - the most frequently asked questions about the Publication Fund
The article to be supported must meet the following requirements:
- The "Submitting Author" or "Corresponding Author" is a member of the TU Braunschweig
- The article is published in a "pure" Open Access journal, this means that all contributions are accessible to users free of charge via the Internet immediately after publishing.
- The journal should be listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals DOAJ (DOAJ).
- The journal is peer-reviewed.
- The article was accepted after 1st January 2017.
- Please note: The publication fees may not exceed EUR 2,000 incl. VAT. ( equals 1,680 EUR net). If the publication fee exceeds EUR 2,000, please contact the Open Access team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Not eligible for funding
- The ‘purchase’ of a single article from a subscription-based journal (Hybrid Journals, Open Choice Model).
- Publications from third-party-funded projects in which the third-party sponsor pays the article charge completely.
Procedure for cost assumption
- Submit your publication to the journal of your choice.
- Fill in the online application form for a refund from the Publication Fund.
- After checking the funding conditions, you will receive a confirmation with all necessary information via e-mail within 2 working days.
- In case of funding, please indicate the financial support from TU Braunschweig's Publication Fund in your publication as follows:
- For English publications: We acknowledge support by the German Research Foundation and the Open Access Publication Funds of the Technische Universität Braunschweig.
- For German publications: Diese Publikation wurde gefördert durch die Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft und den Open Access-Publikationsfonds der Technischen Universität Braunschweig.